Thursday, October 14, 2010

Letter to Our Dreams

Dear Dreams,


Here you are again.
Another night
yet a different dream.

I wonder as I lie awake,
why are you so close to reality?

I'm awaken from my yelling,
its a bad dream
and I feel the terror behind my beating heart.

I wonder as I lie awake,
why are you so close to reality?

This time I'm longing to stay asleep,
it's a good dream
one where there should be no ending.


I wonder as I lie awake,
why are you so close to reality?

Yet again I am awaken, 
but this time I fight to fall asleep,
because what was done needs to be changed.


I wonder as I lie awake,
why are you so close to reality?

Dreams are dreams,
but I ask you one question as I lie awake,
why are you so close to reality,
When in reality I'm awaken
From a dream of dreams?


Dreams are the hardest thing to depict. We have good dreams, bad dreams, and we even have dreams that feel so close to reality. But, where do these dreams come from? Emotions and self consciousness play a big role in the dreams we have. A human can go through a billion emotions in their lifetime and with every emotion, a new dream can form.

Some dreams happen only once, but some continue to reappear. Whats the difference between these dreams? Only the dreamer has the answer to that. If they continue to have the same fear over something, they might always dream of their fear, but let's say its a new feeling, then they might dream about it once.

I tell you about my fear, squirrel. Now, you can sit and wonder why such a cute little furry animal could be fearful. Well, it's all because of my dream. I always have this dreams where a squirrel is chasing me for hours. And it just wants to bite me. My fear for squirrels has grown because of these dreams, and its probably a dream I'll continue having for the rest of my life.

Dreams are close to reality because we allow them to be. Have you heard of the saying, you are what you eat? Well, I believe you dreams what you feel.

20 comments:

  1. The fact that dreams are created by your own emotions.
    Why do people dream just while they are sleeping?
    That you provide your own dreams.
    I think it is a great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. - What facts surprised you?
    That kelsey is scared of squirrels, i have a friend who loves them.
    - What questions do you still have?
    Why sometimes we can feel what we're dreaming? i mean one time i was dreaming my mom died and in my dream i was crying, next thing you know, i wake up with tears in my eyes.
    - What information is most memorable about this subject?
    I agree with her, you do dream what you feel, and that line specifically is awesome:)
    - What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    You should expand more to how these dreams have affected other peoples lives, besides that the poem was good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams are liked to emotions and depending one how you view that emotion is how you react to your dream. I found that surprising.
    What questions do you still have? How does an emotion become a dream? How does reaccuring dreams mean anything? What is the system that turns emotions to dreams?
    The poem was ost memorable. The entire subject was intreaging to learn about. The fact that dreams somehow like reality and the dream world is strangly exciting.
    First I want to say it was elecient to read. The poem was very thought out and you were able to explain what might cause dreams. Though I would ask to add some details on what is a dream and how emotions are liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. What surprised me the most had to be one how dreams do have to do a lot with emotions and self conciousness, because sometimes i have dreams that make no sense. And second that Kelsey has a fear of squirrels, they are awesome.

    2.I wonder if dreams can have a big affect on our long term life? is there treatment for such dreams that keep reoccuring? why is it hard for us to remember some of our dreams?

    3. Most memorable to me is knowing that im not the only one who feels what they dream, and also her getting chased by a squirrel trying to bite her. i can just imagine that.

    4. I suggest telling more about dreams, i would love to know more. Also i have heard about something called a dream journal, and that with it people can learn to control their dreams, i suggest you include that, it sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't really find anything that surprised me, other than the fact that you fear squirrels. it's not that the blog wasn't good. i simply did not learn anything new from this one. what specifically causes a dream to occur? how can we interpret those dreams? is there any commonality among dreams that different people may have? perhaps delve deeper into the research and find shocking information that people have absolutely no idea about. i enjoyed that you included a dream of yours. it made the blog more relatable and more attention-grabbing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised by your concept behind why dreams always seem to reflect reality...and your fear of squirrels. I would like to know more about specific types of dreams are they categorized what's the brain's function with dreams...why do we dream? The most memorable part of your blog was your poem in the beginning. I suggest expanding more on what you already have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a person who absolutely loves psychology, I know about this subject very well. Although what did surprise me was that you had a menacing dream about a squirrel! But I understand how a dream can do that to a person.

    I still want to know more about the mental aspect of the subject. The poem was great and how emotion correlates to your dreams, but what else?

    The most memorable was about how emotions correlate to the dreams. Because this is so true! Everything that a person does ties into some sort of emotion that triggers some sort of brain function.

    My suggestion would be go more into the psychological aspect of it. Maybe throw in a few Fraud quotes and what he thinks of dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crazy squirrel attacking your dreams!

    Why do so many people believe that dreams are our ability to foresee the future? Or what about all those books that try to "translate" our dreams? Are they accurate?

    The most memorable is the way we control our dreams with emotions.

    I think you should add more interpretations of dreams, such as famous scientists or psychologists personal beliefs and how they relate to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What facts surprised you?
    Like everyone else, the part about the squirrel.

    What questions do you still have?
    Dreams are confusing and,like you,I have had some pretty bizarre dreams. What I want to know is maybe what part of the brain causes people to have dreams?

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    I loved the poem and how you followed it with a personal, humorous story. The entire article was pretty memorable.

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    I don't have any suggestions for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What facts surprised you?
    The whole squirrel thing.

    What questions do you still have?
    Why do we dream what we dream?

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    You feel what you dream.

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    none, i love it kel kel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous Under DaisyMay

    What facts surprised you?
    The fact that she is afraid of squirrels. weird!

    What questions do you still have?
    What is it called when you can control your dreams?

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    That dreams could be controlled and that what we feel can cause our dreams.

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    great job :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. What facts surprised you?
    that we can possibly control our dreams

    What questions do you still have?
    do we only dream at night?

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    that she is afraid of squirrels... hahaha

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    i like the backgroud, good blog

    <3 Darlyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. What facts surprised you?
    that she is afraid of squirrels, they are cute

    What questions do you still have?
    idk, just talk a little more about dreams

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    that are feelings can be part of our dreams

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    none at all

    Comment made by Felisya

    ReplyDelete
  14. What facts surprised you?
    you dont like squirrels

    What questions do you still have?
    none!

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    that people can be conscious of our dreams

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    i like the colors

    by br@nd0n

    ReplyDelete
  15. Comment made by Micky

    What facts surprised you?
    girl, how are you afraid of squirrels?

    What questions do you still have?
    why don't i dream all the time?

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    that how you are feeling can actually affect what you dream.

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    it was really good, the poem made it interesting. i love poems

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its Bumble BEEEEEE

    What facts surprised you?
    that dreams could be realistic

    What questions do you still have?
    none!

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    that you dont like them squirrels.

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    none ahhhhh, but good job

    ReplyDelete
  17. Comment by Lucky

    What facts surprised you?
    its crazy how our feelings can take a role in how we dream.

    What questions do you still have?
    none right now

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    we dream what we feel, like thats deep

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    this is really creative

    ReplyDelete
  18. What facts surprised you?
    aww, its cute, but that you are afraid of squirrels

    What questions do you still have?
    what feelings aren't able to become dreams

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    that you're afraid of squirrels

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    good colors

    by; Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Comment Left By Joe

    What facts surprised you?
    that you are actually scared of squirrels

    What questions do you still have?
    none

    What information is most memorable about this subject?
    we feel our dreams

    What suggestions do you have for the blog creator?
    none

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelsey, I like how you've organized your blog. Including the poem was a creative touch. However, you don't include enough factual information to truly educate your readers.

    Thank you for the insight!

    Grade - 40/50

    ReplyDelete